Sunday, August 2, 2009

Getting temp crowns on anterior teeth tomorrow, numbers 8 and 9...?

I know how it is done, Im 7 days away from graduating the dental assisting program but I wanna hear from people who have had this done, specifically on the front teeth, or other dental professionals who have done this on patients. i had to have two root canals, one on 8 and one on 9 because of a former dentist who cracked them and left them open to infection. tomorrow I have an appointment to have them prepped and have temps placed. what does it feel like? how to temps for front teeth look? in our school we only have the cheapest of the cheap so temps we make look like, yellow mud basically. are they going to look okay? the dentist i see is excellent but Im not familiar with him temp work. I have externship interviews in less then two weeks, maybe or may not be before i get my permanents, and I dont wanna walk into these interviews with crappy fake teeth...


anything you can tell me?

Getting temp crowns on anterior teeth tomorrow, numbers 8 and 9...?
If it's a reputable dentist, the temps should look almost as good as the final restorations. Most "cosmetic" dentist make their own temps instead of having the assistant do the work.





They will look and feel fine, just treat them carefully until the permanent crowns are placed.
Reply:Umm well I have very very bad teeth back in Sept. one of my K9 teeth cracked for no reason (i wasnt eathing anything) so it wasnt bothering me for like a week and i hate the dentist so i just wanted to wait untill my next appt. which was about 3 weeks later...so about 10 days after my tooth broke i woke up and my face was compleley sowllen and i looked very scary and i was in ALOT of pain! it was a sunday so the dentist wasnt open, but first thing monday morning my mom took me to the Dentist and they told me i needed to take these high power antibiotics immidetley and that if i wasnt able to take them i needed to be hospitalized well i wasnt able to swallow them so i was put in the hospital i stayed over night and most of the next day with an IV..then they let me go home with the IV still in my arm and i came back to the hospital everyday to get infuseions then after 10 days of that i had a massive dental surgery 8 hours! i had 13 root canals and 4 teeth pulled...it wasnt fun then the tempery caps kept falling off and it was just a really bad experance...



hair tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net